How we Decide by Jonah Lehrer

Share This Post

As the title suggests book about decision making process. Case studies of people who make rapid decisions under pressure such as firefighters, pilots and poker players.

Information about delayed gratification included, negativity bias and loss aversion which it relates this to the Deal or No Deal TV show.  How choices are presented can change the outcome selected for example you have a 90% chance of living versus 10% chance of death.  The themes are very similar to Thinking Fast and Slow.

Embrace uncertain. Certainty can cloud judgement.  Bit of neuroanatomy and neuroscience covered with usual examples of Parkinson’s disease and autism to convey this.

Subscribe To My Newsletter

Sign up to my newsletter and receive 5 tips to get the most of your life!

More To Explore